Friday 7 October 2011

Read About Me Being Wrong About Things On The Internet - Star Trek Edition Part 1

Like my previous Star Wars entry, I decided to watch the Star Trek movies again. The main reasons for this are that the Post Atomic Horror podcast are currently reviewing the movies so I'll know what they're talking about when I listen, and also it's been a good long while since I last watched them. My friends seem to like them and I thought it interesting to see how they hold up.

Firstly, I'm/they're only doing the first six movies - the Kirk ones. Also, because of my PCRA, I got the movies mixed up in my memory. Many scenes from [V] and [VI] I remembered as being from [I], [III] I thought was actually [II]. Anyway, onto the films themselves.

The Motion Picture, at least on BluRay, was very pretty. Whilst not downright terrible, it was rather slow.
The Wrath Of Khan, or the one everyone seems to rave about, seemed okay, but I thought the third one was slightly better. Although both struggled to hold my interest.
The Voyage Home is the one I remember most clearly, but then again, how am I even going to confuse that storyline with any other? Also, the best movie so far.
Why The Final Frontier even exists, I don't know.
The Undiscovered Country is more like it. This one felt like it was deserving of being a movie to me. Had more of what I expect from a movie than the others and was all round more entertaining.

I think I'd be more inclined to watch these again than I would Star Wars again.

No comments: