Monday 26 September 2011

Read About Me Being Wrong About Things On The Internet - Star Wars Edition



So yeagh, I've just recently watched the all new super improved Blu Ray version of the Star Wars films. The last time I watched 1, 2, and 3 were when they were released and 4, 5, and 6 just prior to that. I've never really been a fan of the films either. I remember thinking them being entertaining enough but nothing great. I also remember enjoying Phantom Menace too and wondering why everyone seemed to hate it. Anyway, the shiny new versions come out so I thought I'd revisit them and see what I think in comparison. This isn't an in depth review or anything either but in general, taking the Prequel Trilogy (Phantom to Revenge), they get better with each successive movie. Phantom was nowhere near as entertaining as I remember it to be and there's the occasional good moments in the films but I think I can say I'd be quite happy to not watch any of them again. I gather a lot of people aren't that impressed with these either... or maybe they are. I don't know, I don't really care.

As for the Original Trilogy, again, I remember enjoying them more when I was younger and while there were some good scenes, I was more bored than entertained. I'd say they're the better Trilogy though. As for which one is the better movie, I'm going to have to go with 4, just seemed to have more to it than the others for me. Then as for Empire and Jedi, well, that's a close call and I find it hard to seperate them. But if pushed, I think I'd fall on the side of Jedi, though that could just be spite, which is a perfectly valid selection method anyway.

So there you have it, another person on the internet being wrong.

Next time I'll be taking a look at the Star Trek movies

No comments: