Monday 6 July 2009

The Sober Chronicles - Chapter 8 - The Man That Broke The Straw's Back

PREVIOUSLY
".... IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM"....." AND NOW.....


He watches in wonder as the idiot falls towards a flatbed loaded with straw. MEANWHILE....

Joseph is in his field tending to the crops whilst talking on the phone to Judas. ("Look Joseph, I know I'm late, but there have been some traffic problems. I will have the straw at your door by half past four. Or your money back!")
"But I haven't paid you yet".
("Just a new marketing gimmick I am trying out") Judas hangs up.
"And it should've been delivered last week too."
Joseph sighs.
"I knew Judas couldn't be trusted." Joseph says to himself as he notices a flatbed truck crash in the road next to his field shortly followed by a man crashing into the straw on the back of it which sends it everywhere.

Gav however does not notice this and instead, his attention has become fixed elsewhere. Across the street. On a field. A field of Hordeum Vulgare.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: